Tours of Parliament
MPs are able to sponsor free tours of the Houses of Parliament for their constituents only when the House of Commons is in session.
Please read this page fully before contacting Lyn. Without the correct information, we will not be able to contact the tours office on your behalf.
Tours are generally fully booked several months in advance. Demand is high so early booking and flexibility regarding dates and times is strongly recommended, especially for groups larger than 4 or 5 people.
Tours last approximately 75 minutes and start between the following times:
During Parliamentary Sessions
- Monday: 9.00am-12noon (full tour)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 9.00am-9.55am (full tour)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 10.00am-12noon (partial tour; House of Lords only)
- Thursday: no tours
- Sitting Fridays: 3.30pm-5.15pm (full tour)
- Non-Sitting Fridays: 9.30am-5.15pm (full tour)
There are dates when tours do not take place, including during recess dates. However, partially due to the current political situation, it is not always possible to know in advance when recesses will be happening. Therefore it is advisable to suggest a number of dates.
on Saturdays, or when the House is in recess, the same tour is offered on a commercial basis, and more information is available on the Parliament.uk website page here.
To book an MP sponsored tour, please email email@example.com with:
- preferences for dates and times
- your full name and address
- and the number of people in your group
- For large groups with children (such as school or religious group trips), please include their ages
We will not be able to contact the tours office unwil we have all of this information.
The Elizabeth Tower (which houses Big Ben) is closed for maintenance. We will be unable to book any Big Ben tours for the foreseeable future.
If you have any questions about tours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.